The NSW State election will be held on Saturday, 25 March 2023. For this election, you can vote:
- in person on election day, or
- in person before election day (if eligible) at an early voting centre, or
- by postal vote (if eligible).
Telephone assisted voting will be available for people who are blind or have low vision.
Please note that iVote (internet voting on personal computers, tablet devices and smartphones) will not be available at this election.
We have released a range of new in-language podcasts to help you get election ready available here.
Election day and early voting – in person
To vote on election day Saturday, 25 March, visit a voting centre between 8am and 6pm.
To vote in person before election day, if eligible, you can visit an early voting centre on Saturday 18 March or from Monday, 20 March to Friday 24 March.
Find your nearest voting centre
Use the Electoral Commission’s “Find my electorate” address look-up tool to find out where you can vote and for wheelchair accessibility information.
To use the tool:
- enter your enrolled address
- click on the name of your district in your search results
- select a location on the map to view the venue name, accessibility features, opening hours and to get directions.
You can also call the Electoral Commission’s enquiry centre on 1300 135 736.
If you need help accessing a voting centre or casting your vote, you can ask election staff or you can bring a friend or family member or your support worker.
Voting by post
Postal vote applications are now open and close at 6pm on Monday, 20 March. Postal packs will start to be distributed from 13 March 2023.
Find out how to vote by post on the NSW Electoral Commission’s website.
In-language assistance for voters
- Voting centres will feature posters with in-language information and QR codes to in-language online information.
- Multilingual election officers will be at voting centres wearing badges indicating the languages they speak.
- Information about voting at the election translated into 26 languages is available on the NSW Electoral Commission website.
- In-language explainer videos can be viewed in seven languages online.
- If help is needed in a language other than English, voters can call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 and ask them to call the NSW Electoral Commission on 1300 135 736.
For more information about the 2023 NSW State election, visit the NSW Electoral Commission’s website or call 1300 135 736.